Simply put, Continuous Improvement (CI) is a strategy to constantly and ceaselessly work to eliminate wasteful steps in order to drive your organization to a more valuable state.
CI is an element in a Lean system that helps ensure your manufacturing efficiency. And you will likely see gains in virtually every key performance indicator (KPI) your company has established.
So how do you get started? With a call to MAMTC.
- We will orient your entire organization to the basics of CI so everyone is on the same page.
- We will then facilitate a small team of key company employees. This team will focus on mapping and benchmarking your KPIs for a particular process. They will then identify value-added and non-value-added steps in your system.
- This group then brainstorms ideas and suggestions to eliminate as many non-value-added steps from the process as possible, and assesses the impact to your KPIs.
- Finally, the team creates an implementation plan to ensure that the ideas and suggestions are instituted.
- And at every step, from the initial teaching to the implementation plan, your MAMTC partners are training these key employees to repeat the steps of CI, independent of MAMTC’s involvement. They will be able to teach the rest of your personnel, and replicate CI for any other process you identify.
Give us a call to talk about how Continuous Improvement can help make your business better and more profitable.