Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 7:30am to 9:00am
Mark your calendars, sign ups coming soon!
River Market Event Place, 140 Walnut St, Kansas City, MO 64106
Sexy manufacturing? For some, this may sound contradictory. But in her book, Karin Lindner outlines that in reality, every organization needs an element of sexiness - the creation of an initial interest into something exciting and appealing. She advocates a mindset of passion and purpose from the production floor to the executive suite.
In the 2016 MHI Annual Industry Report, developed in collaboration with Deloitte, 900 industry insiders stated that workforce issues were their #1 challenge. A survey by SME found that more than 20% of parents surveyed view manufacturing as an outdated and/or dirty work environment. Many of you have noted difficulties in recruiting skilled workforce, so retaining employees is even more crucial in today’s challenging job market. If recruiting, retaining and engaging your people is one of your challenges, don’t miss this event!
Please join us as we invite national speaker and author Karin Lindner to Kansas City to discuss:
- The need for rebranding of manufacturing - How Can We Make Manufacturing Sexy?
- Engaging your employees by creating an environment of respect in which people are appreciated and new ideas are encouraged
- Inspiring young people to develop a passion for excellence
- Changing the tone of communication within your organization from issues and problems, to a focus on opportunities
- The first 80 people to sign up will receive a copy of Karin’s book