Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 9:00am to 11:30am
Learn basic legal considerations…
Join the U.S. Commercial Service and the Mid-America District Export Council for a seminar on export distributor agreements.
Attorney Grant Leach from the law firm Husch Blackwell LLP will provide a presentation on the basic legal considerations that go into negotiating, executing, performing and terminating export distributor agreements.
Topics to be discussed include (but not limited to):
- Scope of appointment – including exclusivity, product lines and territories;
- Commercial terms for order submission, delivery and transfer of title;
- Compliance requirements for exporters and foreign distributors under U.S. export controls, trade sanctions and anti-corruption laws;
- Intellectual property rights;
- Term, renewal and termination considerations; and
- Choice of law and dispute resolution provisions
About the presenter…
Grant Leach, Partner, Husch Blackwell, has extensive experience in helping clients navigate complex issues related to international commerce and its associated compliance challenges. As part of his practice, Grant advises clients on requirements under the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), trade sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and other import- and export-related regulations.
COST: $30 per event. (Refunds up to 1 day before event).
CLE credit pending for Missouri, Kansas, & Nebraska.
Register Today! Click on the appropriate highlighted link below to register.
Dates/Locations: Check-in 9:00AM / Program 9:30am – 11:30am
Salina Chamber of Commerce
120 West Ash Street
Salina, KS 67401
Wichita Workforce Center
2021 N. Amidon Ave., #1100
Wichita, KS 67203
World Trade Center Kansas City
30 West Pershing Road
Kansas City, MO 64108
Questions? Contact us at:
- AJ Anderson, CS Wichita – Andrew.Anderson@trade.gov or 316-263-4067
- Sally Pacheco, CS Kansas City – Sally.Pacheco@trade.gov or 816-421-0541
- Marisa Ring Goepel, CS Kansas City – Marisa.Ring@trade.gov or 816-421-4809